10/23/2007

Introduction

Traditional Art are so great and are something that are high class.This is what I always think of. Traditional art like painting and sculpture need technique and skills. This make traditional art become so valuable.

So, I ask myself, then, what are the values of digital art?

I also make digital arts like using Photoshop for drawings or edit photos. For me, using computer to make arts is so great that I do not have to buy those materials like paint brushes, paints and canvas, this save a huge sum of money because those tools are so expensive. What I need to do is control the mouse and tablet, draw on the digital canvas. I do not have to wait for drying, clean the brushes, mix the paint……etc. Everything seems so easy, so people may think digital arts don’t have great values. Sometimes, when I show some of my digital artworks, people think that I’m just copying them from the internet or may think those works are just something that can be easily made by the computer.

So, I want to find out what people think of those two medium. Can digital arts receive the same respect as the traditional art? Will digital art replace traditional art? I hope after I collect the opinion of others and find some data, I can find out some of the answer.

沒有留言: